I love Taste of Home , I truly do. I’ve seen some amazing recipes in their magazines and books and never get tired of browsing them for ideas. As someone with sugar issues, one thing I do find to be occasionally problematic is the use of lots of sugar in recipes that really don’t require it. This recipe for Barbeque beef sandwiches was just one of those recipes. I love Barbeque, but some sauces (or recipes for sauces) contain so much sugar I’d drop into a coma after one serving. That’s why I tweaked this recipe with my favorite sugar free barbeque sauce.
- 1 Bottle G Hughes Smokehouse Sugar Free Barbeque Sauce
- 1 beef sirloin tip roast (4 pounds)
- 4 garlic cloves, sliced
- 16 Ezekiel Sandwich Buns, split and toasted
- 2 cups deli coleslaw
- Cut roast in half; cut slits in roast and insert garlic. Place in a 5-qt. slow cooker. Pour sauce over top. Cook, covered, on low until tender, 8-10 hours.
- Remove beef. Skim fat from cooking liquid. Shred meat with two forks; return to slow cooker and heat through. Serve on Ezekiel Style Sandwich Rolls with coleslaw.
Health Tip: Beef sirloin tip roast is a lean cut that’s usually more affordable than other lean roasts like beef tenderloin or a top round roast.