This is another Taste of Home recipe that I’ve modified to create a healthier version for those who are a bit more careful about what they eat. You can get the original recipe for these at Taste of Home.
- 24 ounces frozen breaded chicken tenders
- 1 pan (12) Ezekiel Dinner Rolls
- 1 package (7-1/2 ounces) sliced provolone and mozzarella cheese blend
- 1 jar (24 ounces) marinara sauce
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh basil
- Preheat oven to 375°. Prepare chicken tenders according to package directions. Meanwhile, without separating rolls, cut horizontally in half; arrange roll bottoms in a greased 13×9-in. baking dish. Place half of cheese slices over roll bottoms. Bake until cheese is melted, 3-5 minutes.
- Layer rolls with half of sauce, chicken tenders, remaining sauce and remaining cheese slices. Replace top halves of rolls.
- For topping, microwave butter, garlic powder and red pepper flakes, covered, on high, stirring occasionally, until butter is melted. Brush over rolls; sprinkle with Parmesan cheese. Bake, uncovered, until golden brown and heated through, 20-25 minutes. Sprinkle with basil before serving.