Easy Ezekiel Cinnamon and Sweet Rolls Recipe
While I would love to eat Cinnabon Cinnamon Rolls all day, it just can’t be. So I developed a recipe for cinnamon rolls that used a high-protein Ezekiel style bread dough, lots of cinnamon and butter, but no sugar. I can eat these at any time of day with no guilt whatsoever!
- Create the Basic Ezekiel Bread Recipe (or any variation previously mentioned) on the Dough cycle of your bread machine.
- Once it has completed its cycle, remove the dough from the pan and onto a lightly floured surface.
- Roll out dough to form a 14×12-inch rectangle. Spread with softened butter and sprinkle with a mixture of 1/3 Cup sugar (or preferred sweetener) and cinnamon.
- Roll it up, jelly-roll style, starting from the long side. Seal the seam with a touch of water.
- Slice it into 12 equal pieces.
- Place in a greased 13x9x2-inch baking pan.
- Cover and let rise in a warm place till nearly doubled (about 30 minutes).
- Bake in a 350 degree oven for 30 minutes or until golden.
- When you remove it from the oven, cover with foil or wax paper and a towel.
Let cool slightly before serving.
You can frost the warm rolls with your choice of icing, lightly butter them or leave them plain.
Cranberry Orange Sweet Rolls
I’ll be the first to admit these look really sloppy, but they are worth every sticky, lickable finger!
I made these with a homemade, whole-berry cranberry sauce and Smucker’s Sugar-Free Marmalade. Let’s start with the cranberry sauce.
Homemade Cranberry Sauce Filling
- Bring 1 Cup water and 1 Cup Sugar (or preferred sweetener) to a boil in a medium saucepan.
- Add 1 12-ounce package fresh or frozen Cranberries, rinsed and drained, and return to a boil.
- Reduce the heat and boil gently for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally. When you aren’t stirring, you’ll want to have a cover on the pan. Cranberries POP!
- Cover and cool completely at room temperature, then refrigerate until ready to use.
Then simply follow the instructions above for Cinnamon Rolls only substitute the cranberry sauce for the butter & cinnamon filling.
Roll, cut and bake per instructions.
When you remove the rolls from the oven, brush the tops with ¼ Cup Smucker’s Sugar-Free Orange Marmalade (or preferred marmalade).
Let cool & enjoy!
Let your imagination guide you and try different variations for sweet rolls. Leave a comment and let me know how they turn out!