These Cuban Sliders are continuing in my series of Taste of Home recipes modified to create healthier versions for those who are a bit more careful about what they eat.
• 1 pan (12) Ezekiel Dinner Rolls
• 1-1/4 pounds thinly sliced deli ham
• 9 slices Swiss cheese (about 6 ounces)
• 24 dill pickle slices
Topping (optional – I prefer to skip the butter and onion and simply add the mustard to the bottoms of the dinner rolls)
• 1/2 cup butter, cubed
• 2 tablespoons finely chopped onion
• 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
• Preheat oven to 350°. Separate pan of rolls into 2 pieces (6 rolls each). Remove one piece (6 rolls) and, without separating rolls, cut them in half horizontally. Repeat with the other half; arrange bottom halves back in their baking pan. Layer with ham, cheese and pickles; replace top halves of rolls.
• In a microwave, melt butter; stir in onion and mustard. Drizzle over rolls. Bake, covered, 10 minutes. Uncover; bake until golden brown and heated through, 5-10 minutes longer.
Original recipe published as Cuban Sliders in Simple & Delicious August/September 2015