Continuing in my series of Taste of Home recipes modified to create healthier versions for those who need to watch starchy carbs but still love a great sandwich.
- 1 tablespoon dried minced onion
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed
- 1 teaspoon caraway seeds
- 1 teaspoon dried marjoram
- 1 teaspoon celery seed
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 boneless beef chuck roast (3 to 4 pounds), halved
- 8 Ezekiel Style Sandwich Rolls, split
- Combine seasonings, roast and ½ cup water in a 5-qt. slow cooker. Cover and cook on low for 6-8 hours or until meat is tender. Drain. Shred with a fork. Serve on rolls.
Original recipe published as Savory Beef Sandwiches in Country Woman September/October 1998