So easy and 11-year-old can make them, so delicious the whole family will eat them!
[Tweet “Pepperoni Roses: So easy a kid can make them, so delicious the whole family will eat them!”]
For Valentine’s Day, we all gave a special gift to the whole family. Sparky made recycled coffee can butterflies and filled them with our favorite candies but Teddy made Pepperoni Roses. They lasted about 24 hours.
Here’s how Teddy made them:
He made these with fresh Ezekiel Bread dough using my own recipe, found here.
- Fresh bread dough
- 8oz Marinara Sauce
- 1 – 6oz pkg Pepperoni
- 1 – 8oz pkg Shredded Mozzarella
Rolling the Dough
Roll dough out on counter to about 16″ x 18″ sheet,
slice sheet of dough in half to make two 8″ x 18″ sheets.
Cut each 18″ sheet into six 8″ x 3″ strips for a total of 12 strips of dough.
Working with one strip at a time:
- Spoon just a bit of marinara on the top half of the strip.
- Layer pepperoni slices along marinara.
- Sprinkle shredded cheese along center of strip.
- Fold bottom half over top to hold the fillings in.
- Roll from L to R or R to L.
- Place Pepperoni side up in greased muffin tin.
When you’ve completed all 12, bake for 20-25 minutes at 350 degrees.